You’ve weighed your options and decided that weight loss surgery is best for you. So, what now?
If you’re a Foothills Weight Loss Specialists patient, you’ll get a pre-operative behavioral plan designed to help ensure your weight loss success. The plan includes elements that will prepare your body and your mind for surgery. Here are some highlights:
- Take the long view of this process. Remember that you are not perfect. Getting it right 80 percent of the time is good enough.
- Chew food slowly. Try to chew each bite 30-40 times.
- Get 60 minutes of exercise or non-exercise movement every day.
- Consume 64 ounces of water every day.
- Consume only good carbs – whole grains, vegetables, fruits and beans.
- Respect your body; respect yourself.
Following this pre-operative behavioral plan will help you form positive habits that can last a lifetime.
Sign up for a free seminar today and learn more about how our comprehensive care supports your long-term weight loss success.
Image courtesy of seeveeaar.